Monday, March 24, 2008

A little more than a week left!

Wow, time flies...I can't believe how soon this trip is coming up. I leave a week from tomorrow. I am thrilled. Adam finally booked our hotel for the extra two night we are staying there. This hotel was recommended in the Time Out Istanbul guide. We tried a few other places, but they were all booked. And get this: we are getting a shuttle to the airport at 3:00 am the day we depart. UGH!!!

Here's the hotel: http://www.sarnichotel.com/


None of the rooms have views, but the breakfast terrace looks really nice. That's the Blue Mosque in the background.

Adam also bought a really nice DSLR for the B-school. I think he's going to get some lovely pictures. I am going to bring my camera, which I have pretty much decided needs to be replaced. I wish I could before the trip, but no such luck. I think I am going to bring my extra lenses too.

I still have a few more things to think about before the trip. I am ok on money at this point, which feels really good. I need to buy some little items (like a money belt) before the trip and figure out which luggage to bring. I want to bring my nice rolling suitcase, but I fear it is too small for 7 days. I might ask my sister if I can borrow hers. There is also the question of what I am going to use as a daypack. I want something that is big enough so I don't have to carry a purse, but not so big that it becomes a hassle. I am planning on using luggage locks for the day pack.

Adam leaves for Rotterdam in a few days, which means we only have a couple more days to prepare together. I think he's a little stressed about getting everything together in time. I would be too.

There is also the question of what to do with my cat. I asked my neighbor to watch him while I was out of town this past weekend and she did fine. She's a little weird though, so now she sort of acts like she owns him. Anyway, she's the easiest and she does take good care of him. So I asked to watch him while I was in Turkey and she said she may be going out of town for work. Uh-oh. I guess I could ask my sister and I think I may have already. I can't imagine boarding him. He's never been boarded and I think it would change him forever. I think this is going to be one of my longest trips away from him. He'll be fine, I just want him to be able to have a normal routine when I am gone. Anyway, I really hope my neighbor's trip doesn't go through, even though she's nutty.

1 comment:

emily said...

hotel looks nice!