Saturday, April 5, 2008

Not doing much right now

I decided to take it easy today and hang out. It is a beautiful day and I am cooped up in the hotel room. I am trying not to feel guilty about it. You see, Adam, gets off work in a couple of hours. Then he'll be done for the week! Yay! I am so excited about spending more time with him.

Anyway, I could've gone into town, only to have to come back to the hotel a few hours later, to go back out again. I told Adam he could meet me downtown, but he didn't feel comfortable with that. So I just decided to wait. I mean there is so much I could be doing, but I am exhausted and everyone knows how unpleasant I can be when I am tired. Since I'll be spending the next 3 days with Adam, I want to be pleasant.

Speaking of Adam, have I mentioned he is the best? :) Yesterday, when I returned to the hotel he was waiting for me with a gift! He bought me a shirt from a designer that he visited yesterday during the program. It is really cool...a little too small, but I plan on fitting into it eventually. I felt bad because, I've been meaning to pick him up something this whole time, I just haven't found the right thing. Actually, that is true of everyone...I am finding it hard to shop for gifts. I made a list yesterday and I still have a lot to do. This afternoon Adam and I are going to the Grand Bazaar, so maybe I'll find some more stuff. We're also going to Hagia Sophia.

Tomorrow, we change hotel rooms to something downtown. This hotel is great. The room is cute, the view is great and the food is even better, but it sucks being so far out of town. Our new hotel should be nice. I may not have Internet there, so I can't promise more posts... View from hotel...using telephoto lens.
Hagia Sophia

2 comments:

Amara said...

I am really enjoying your blog...I feel like I am there with you...LOL

can't wait to hear all about it....and see more pics..

You should do some more video clips...just at random places....

Unknown said...

Just got caught up on your posts from Turkey -- I agree with Amara, it's like I'm right there along with you.

I actually felt a huge pang in my stomach when I saw your picture of Hagia Sophia because I have always wanted to visit there.

Your pictures are gorgeous.

Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip turns out!